Start with a great foundation
What is NevTec Hosting?
NevTec Hosting is for those who don’t have the time, knowledge, or desire to learn about hosting or just prefer an expert to keep the highest standards and can be relied on and available to do everything under the sun at an affordable price.
- Priority support – phone, email, and text support, can also use support ticketing system to keep track of requests
- We have intimate knowledge of your website and have close relationships with our clients
- SSL – this new web necessity is included with your hosting subscription
- Database backups
- Update management (plugins and WordPress core)
- Malware scans
- Simple and flexible invoicing
- Monthly analytics report
- Free minor updates – 1/2 hour worth of updates free per month (no carry over)
- Discounted hourly rate for projects, site updates, etc – work done by NevisTechnology.com
- Network of connections if you need video, photography, marketing, etc
- Hackers are always finding new ways to hack your site, we proactively set restrictions that we know will cause errors and we monitor daily to reactively clean up and patch hacks (example)
- Has an HTTPS page of yours ever showed the page is NOT secure? It is most likely because there is an asset on the page that is called over HTTP (for HTTPS to work, all assets need to be HTTPS). We review your site and fix any issues – whether that’s in a plugin, your theme, a blog post or page you’ve created, etc
- Broken link checker
NevTec Hosting isn’t your typical managed hosting
We go steps further to make all of your website needs in the hands of professionals. That’s where the “PLUS” comes in. NevTec Hosting is a mix between premium/paid plugins (included in your hosting plan) and proprietary software that continuously scans your site for uptime, asset issues (HTTP css, images, scripts, stylesheets – we automatically fix these issues for you!), malware scanning, keeping your site up to date, managing the server for vulnerabilities (fixing and patching where applicable), and more. All for one flat affordable price.
Security and optimization for your benefit
Security is very important to us and your site is secured with SSL certificates (now included FREE in your hosting subscription). We also take preventative measures to keep your site secure from vulnerabilities by running malware scans, reviewing modified files for malicious code, storing a record of what users have done (such as adding a plugin, publishing or updating a page or post, etc), and reviewing access and error logs to look for suspicious hack attempts and blocking IPs when necessary.
Optimization starts on the server side with, using speedy technologies such as Nginx for the web server and HTTP/2 to optimize asset delivery to your website visitors as well as caching expiration rules. On the website configuration end, we install standard packages to combine local CSS and local JS files to reduce the number of requests needed to load your site, optimize your images to reduce file size without losing the quality of the image, and another layer of caching that reduces the load on the database, thus speeding up the loading of all your pages by eliminating repetitive queries and PHP processing when it’s not necessary.
No need for paying multiple services or pricey plugins
Simplify with NevTec Hosting and save money, because we incorporate premium services into one package.
To give you an idea of what we do from a service you may be familiar with – we are like WPEngine, but we offer more services and have less restrictions – we’re also not limited to just WordPress sites, though that’s the majority of our hosted sites. We not only handle the server side of things like WPEngine, we also scan your site and actively fix issues, we’ll install and configure plugins for you, and we pride ourselves in our close relationships with our clients. We know who you are, what your business is, and for a lot of our clients, we’ve also built your theme! We don’t have all the fancy DIY tools like WPEngine does (yet), but that’s not the reason you’re choosing to host with us. It’s about letting the experts do what we do to keep your site secure and configured, while you focus on getting traffic and running advertising campaigns, and everything else your business entails.
NOTE: We very rarely give out database and/or FTP/SFTP logins. If that’s something your business needs, we may not be the host for you. We do this as a standard to ensure security on our platform.
- Malware scan
- Review Defender
- Visual inspection
- Verify backups, clean up old
- Analytics report
- Updated security keys
Quarterly to every 6 months
- Change passwords
- Minimize admin users
- Delete unused plugins
- Delete unnecessary files
- Scan for broken links
- Fix if possible or report to client if not
- Optimize database
- Speed audit
- Review contact form for optimizations
- Review and fix any Google webmaster tools issues
- Review about page, make changes as necessary
- Review plugins
- Review site